Welcome to the AAPM 64th Annual Meeting & Exhibition!
The wait is over - we are back in-person! The AAPM Annual Meeting will be held in Washington, DC July 10-14, 2022. Finally, chat with colleagues and friends face-to-face and enjoy live sessions and Q&A and visit vendors in-person in the exhibit hall! To ensure all attendees’ safety and well-being, AAPM HQ will ensure compliance with the latest CDC recommendations and protocols. Details can be found here.
For those who prefer not to travel at this time, remote participation is possible by following a live channel featuring a variety of symposia from the professional, education and scientific programs. All other meeting content, including symposia and proffered sessions, will be recorded, and made available on-demand within 24 hours to all registered attendees for one full year.
Read more from our President Dan Bourland about the President's Symposium and Sessions of Note here.
- Featured Imaging Scientific Symposia:
- Photon-counting CT: Image quality optimization, novel algorithms, and emerging clinical applications, Wed July 13, 4:30-6:00pm
- Virtual clinical trials,Tues July 12, 7:30-9:30am
- Advances in Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Tues July 12, 1:45-3:45pm
- SIIM-AAPM joint symposium: Machine intelligence in medical imaging, Wed July 13, 10:15-12:15pm
- Featured Therapy Scientific Symposia:
- Clinical Implementation of Spatiotemporally modulated radiotherapy, Thu July 14, 12:00-1:00pm
- Joint ESTRO-AAPM symposium on ultra-high dose rate (FLASH) radiotherapy, Mon July 11, 7:30-9:30am
- Next-generation biomathematical modeling of tumor and normal tissue response for individualized and targeted cancer treatment, Sun July 10, 5:00-6:00pm
- AI-empowered clinical decision support for personalized radiation therapy, Wed July 13, 4:30-6:00pm
- Featured Multi-Disciplinary Scientific Symposia:
- From Pre-Clinical to Vet-Clinical Imaging and Therapy: Pathways to Clinical Translation, Wed July 13, 7:30-9:30am
- The Anne and Donald Herbert distinguished lectureship in modern statistical modeling: Models and modeling in radiation oncology – What’s next? Tues July 12, 11:00-12:15pm
- The developing role of medical physics and imaging in digital pathology, Wed July 13, 4:30-6:30pm
- Biomarkers of response to radiation and immune modulating cancer therapies, Tues July 12, 7:30-9:30am
- Machine intelligence for treatment response prediction and biological adaptation, Wed July 13, 10:15-11:15am
- Medical Physics in Clinical Trials: design, quality assurance, and NIH programs, Tues July 12, 4:30-6:00pm
- The Grand Challenges session - this year’s challenge topics: Deep learning spectral CT, True CT, and Y90 microsphere (SIRPRISE), Mon July 11, 4:30-6:00pm
- Grant Funding symposium: Pearls and PItfalls, Mon July 11, 4:30-6:00pm
- Specialty Program - The New Era of Radiopharmaceutical Therapy:
- What is radiotheranostics and its impact on medical physics practice? Mon July 11, 4:30-6:00pm
- Introduction to the ICRU Report on dosimetry-guided radiopharmaceutical therapy, Tues July 12, 11:00-12:15pm
- IAEA activities in radiopharmaceutical therapy, Tues July 12, 1:45-2:45pm
- Results of the SNMMI Lu-177 dosimetry challenge, Tues July 12, 2:45-3:45pm
- New interventional treatments with radiolabeled microspheres, Thu July 14, 1:00-2:00pm
- Alternative pathway radiopharmaceutical delivery for focal radiotherapy, Thu July 14, 2:00-3:00pm
- Featured Imaging Education courses:
- Fundamentals of Photon-Counting CT, Wed July 13, 1:45-3:45pm
- Assessment of Deep-Learning Technologies in Medical Imaging: From Imaging Science to Clinical Practice, Thu July 14, 10:00-11:00am
- The Use of Cumulative Effective Dose – An Educational Debate, Tues July 12, 11:00- 12:15pm
- Gonadal & Fetal Shielding Updates, Wed July 13, 1:45-3:45pm
- Read with an Expert: Mammography, Tues July 12, 1:45-2:45pm
- Imaging Disparities, Tues July 12, 4:30-6:00pm
- Featured Therapy Education courses:
- Integrating omics in the era of AI for better patient-specific outcomes, Tues July 12, 4:30-6:00pm
- Automated Planning: What do physicians want? Thu July 14, 7:30-9:30am
- State of the art of adaptive radiotherapy, Thu July 14, 10:00-12:00pm
- Enhancing a physicist's role in radiation therapy treatment plan assessment, Wed July 13, 1:45-3:45pm
- Building a better safety net, Wed July 13, 4:30-6:00pm
- Clinical implementation of spatially fractionated radiotherapy (SFRT), Thu July 14, 1:00-2:00pm
- Cardiac Radioablation: Expanding across many centers via outreach and collaboration, Wed July 13, 4:30-6:00pm
- Eliminating health disparities in clinical trials: How can physicists contribute? Wed July 13, 10:15-12:15pm
- Featured Joint Imaging/Therapy Education courses:
- Imaging for Radiation Therapy: Challenges and Solutions, Mon July 11, 7:30-9:30am
- Advances in Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment: Mammography, Breast Biopsy, SBRT, APBI, Tues July 12, 7:30-9:30am
- Bridging Diagnostic Imaging and Radiotherapy: A Pediatric Focus, Thu July 14, 10:00-12:00pm
- Featured Professional Symposia:
- Ethics and Artificial Intelligence in Radiology and Radiation Oncology, Wed July 13, 1:45-3:45pm
- Two-part session: Advancing EDI at Every Level of Med Physics: For Trainees, the Workplace and Beyond - two-part session, part 1: Mo July 11, 1:45-3:45pm, part 2: Tues July 12, 4:30-6:00pm
- Mentorship: Elevating Clinical and Research Careers, Tues July 12, 7:30-9:30am
- Contingency Planning: Can you handle a ransomware attack? Thu July 14, 7:30-9:30am
- Multidisciplinary Teamwork: Skills Required for Success, Thu July 14, 1:00-3:00pm
- New for 2022
- Monday - Best of Professional Interactive ePoster Discussion sessions in the ePoster Theater Forum 1 at 9:30AM and 1:15PM. The 10 top scoring Professional abstract authors will be available.
- Tuesday - Professional Interactive ePoster Discussion sessions in the exhibit hall Forum 6. Authors will be available.
Partners in Solution
Partners in Solutions offers a unique way for physicists to interact with and learn from our vendors.In these SAM’s sessions, an AAPM member provides a 30-minute educational session and invited vendors provide a physics-level review of their topic-specific products.The topics for this year are:
- Imaging: 3D Mammography
- Therapy: Respiratory Motion Management Systems
Look for the Partners in Solutions sessions on the meeting program and come learn with us!
Visit our vendors as part of a guided tour.The session will begin with a 30-minute introduction on the selected topic.Attendees will then follow a tour guide to participating vendor booths to learn about their related products. Earn SAM credits while visiting the vendors! Topics for this year are:
- Imaging: Imaging Workflow Solutions
- Therapy: Independent Dose Verification Systems
Students and Trainee Events
- Join this year’s Annual Student Meeting! Titled “Global Medical Physics: Experiences, Lessons, and Getting Involved,” we will discuss medical physics in the international community, with an emphasis on increasing accessibility through global medical physics volunteerism.
- Residency Fair is back! Stop by to meet residency programs from all over and learn more about which one might be the best fit for you. This is a great opportunity for prospective residents and programs alike.
- Come support students, postdocs, and residents who won their local AAPM Chapter competition as they compete in the MedPhys Slam Finals! Each presenter has only 3 slides and 3 minutes to effectively convey their research and its significance to a lay audience. Be sure to attend and vote for your favorite presentation to receive the People's Choice award!
- The Student Night Out is back in-person! Don’t miss your chance to socialize with fellow trainees at Penn Social. Registration for this year’s event is available through the AAPM Annual Meeting registration.